Main responsibilities of a cashier:
- Managing transactions, making sure pricing is accurate
- Accepting payments and providing receipts
- Communicating with prep line regarding customer
Cashier Job Description:
We are looking for a qualified and responsible cashier to manage all transactions with our customers efficiently and accurately. A good job candidate is a person who knows their way around a cash register and can easily operate it. Their main responsibilities include accepting payments and providing receipts, making sure all transactions run smoothly and every customer is satisfied with the service. The cashier we would like to employ must be able to interact with our customers in a friendly manner, and provide assistance should any customer require it. Excellent communication skills are paramount to help us continue to delight our customers and provide them with an outstanding experience.
A qualified candidate must also be able to follow instructions and be a successful member of our team. Previous experience is an advantage, and solid math and multitasking skills are a must.
FULL-TIME and PART-TIME positions are available.
Responsibilities of a Cashier:
- Greeting customers when entering and leaving the premises
- Managing transactions using a cash register
- Accurately taking customer order
- Balancing the cash register.
- Accepting payments in cash, credit or gift card
- Providing change and receipts
- Upselling and cross-selling when appropriate
Cashier Job Requirements:
- Experience with POS systems and cash registers a plus
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively resolve complaints