To maintain clean, sanitary conditions in the kitchen including all china, silverware, glassware, pots, pans and equipment. To also assist with Line Prep as needed. This position reports to the Banquet Hall Chef.
Please note: This position is part time and will require weekend and holiday shifts
- Maintain sanitary condition of dishes, utensils, glasses, pots, pans, equipment and kitchen in accordance with Bearden Banquet Hall standards.
- Safely and efficiently operates dish washing machine according to procedure manual.
- Ensures proper soap and rinse chemicals are loaded for washing.
- Removes from service any dishes, utensils, and glassware that are damaged or broken.
- Helps Stock delivered food and non-food items.
- Empty and clear garbage bins and breakdown of boxes.
- Deep cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
- Attends all training and in-service seminars.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and coworkers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Bearden Banquet Hall.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required
- Job Type: Part-time
- Dishwasher: 1 year (Preferred)
- kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Operate an industrial dishwasher, washing dishes and glassware by hand when necessary
- Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly and store them in the appropriate places
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks around the premises, including emptying trash cans, cleaning drink machines, and cleaning any spills and broken glass immediately
- Assist cooks and servers as needed, especially during peak Report any serious incidents to upper management, such as machine failure or broken Other duties as requested
Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919