Main Responsibilities of a Caterer:
- Preparing food for various events
- Transporting food to and from various event locations
Caterer Job Description:
We are looking for a qualified Caterer to perform food service duties at various indoor and outdoor events. The Caterer must be able to assist Lead Caterer to prepare food in a clean kitchen area and comply with all the health and safety regulations while doing so. The Caterer must also be able to transport food to and from various venues, as well as set-up all the food-serving areas and tear them down after the serving time. The Caterer may be required to work alone on events or as part of a team depending on the requirements of the event and/or customer. Outstanding customer service is a must, so the Caterer we hire must always meet our customers' needs and expectations, as well as attend to all the potential customer complaints in a professional and friendly manner and pass those along to the Lead Caterer or Catering Director.
Responsibilities of a Caterer:
- Assisting Lead Caterer in preparing food menus according to customer needs and expectations
- Transporting food in company vehicles to and from venues
- Setting up food-serving areas at the venues
- Cleaning/tearing down food-serving areas after the events
- Serving food and drinks at the venues
- Making sure the supplies are well-organized and stocked
- Knowing all the food ingredients
- Providing excellent customer service
Caterer Job Requirements:
- Catering experience is a plus
- MUST have valid TN driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance preferred
- Great attention to detail and ability to take initiative
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A friendly and positive attitude
- MUST be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule. May be required to work nights and weekends. Some holidays and/or overnight catering events may be required.