Main Responsibilities of a Catering Specialist:
- Preparing food for various events
- Transporting food to and from various event locations
Caterer Job Description:
We are looking for a qualified Catering Specialist to perform food service duties at various indoor and outdoor events. We are searching for a team player that can create a variety of delicious food items to meet the needs of our every customer. The Catering Specialist must be able to prepare food in a clean kitchen area and comply with all the health and safety regulations while doing so. The Catering Specialist must also be able to transport food to and from various venues, as well as set-up all the food-serving areas and tear them down after the serving time. The Catering Specialist may be required to work alone on events or as part of a team depending on the requirements of the event and/or customer. Outstanding customer service is a must, so the Catering Specialist we hire must always meet all out customers' needs and expectations, as well as attend to all the potential customer complaints in a professional and friendly manner.
Responsibilities of a Catering Specialist:
- Preparing food menus according to customer needs and expectations
- Preparing food in a healthy and clean kitchen environment
- Consulting with customers about any potential changes before every event
- Transporting food to and from venues
- Setting up food-serving areas at the venues
- Cleaning/tearing down food-serving areas after the events
- Serving food and drinks at the venues
- Making sure the supplies are well-organized and stocked
- Knowing all the food ingredients
- Providing excellent customer service
Caterer Job Requirements:
- Excellent cooking and food preparation skills
- Catering experience is a plus
- MUST have reliable transportation
- MUST have valid TN driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must have the ability to pass Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance
- Great attention to detail and ability to take initiative
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A friendly and positive attitude
- MUST be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends. Some holidays and overnight catering events may be required.
Per requirements by the State of Tennessee, the person in this position must be 18 years of age or older due to the equipment used.